Amazon Ayahuasca Retreat
About this Retreat
We invite you to join an ancestral and traditional shamanic Ayahuasca retreat of healing, transformation and altered states of consciousness in the Amazon Rain-forest of Peru.
In this retreat you will enter into a beautiful Ayahuasca healing center in the Amazon rain-forest, located close to Iquitos, Peru. The ceremonies will be in one of the oldest shamanic centers deep in jungle of Peru; it has been welcoming guests from all over the world for well over 15 years.
This will be a profound week of healing and transformation for those who attend. This retreat is a great introduction for people who are new to working with the sacred Ayahuasca medicine. It is also for anyone who wishes to experience the profound benefits of working with the grandmother of all medicines, Ayahuasca.
Also note that this retreat has benefits to the Earth; a portion of the proceeds will go towards protecting the incredible biodiversity of the Amazon rain-forest and supporting local indigenous Shipibo communities.
Over the week you will partake in 4 Ayahuasca ceremonies led by a local Amazonian Shipibo Shaman with over 40 years of experience working with the sacred medicine.
The Ayahuasca medicine is a sacred plant brew that has been used by indigenous Amazonian cultures for thousands of years – primarily for healing, divination and spiritual awakening.
Working with Ayahuasca is an intense, profound, and almost always a highly transformative experience that can facilitate deep healing on all levels of your being – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Ayahuasca is a doorway to inner worlds that allows access to higher states of consciousness and the experience of spiritual awakening.
As well as taking part in the Ayahuasca ceremonies you will be fully cleansed during the week with a combination of plant medicines, mud baths, fruit baths, in addition to consuming a clean shamanic Ayahuasca diet for the most optimal healing experience.
Retreat Package Includes:
- Accommodation (7-day/6-night retreat)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dinner will only be available on non-ceremony days)
- 3 Ayahuasca Ceremonies + 1 Optional Ceremony
- 1 Cleansing Ceremony – with Piñon Colorado, removes toxins from your body and cleanses your energy
- 1 Floral Bath – Given before each ceremony to prepare your energy to receive the medicine (ayahuasca)
- 1 Mud Bath – to reset your energy
- 1 Fruit Bath – to clean your energy
- Group Circles – Expression of experiences with other participants and Shaman, for gaining greater insight and reflection
- Personal Consultation With Shaman – this will take place the first day upon arrival
- Natural Extracts From Medicinal Plants – Assists you through this process, the plants will help you connect with your higher self, alleviates anxiety and stress, raises your vibrational energy and gives fortified strength. Also, if you have an illness or pain, let us know so the shaman can give the best medicine for you
- Natural Painting Workshop
- Tour Around Amazon Jungle Retreat Site – learn more about Medicinal Plants and its properties + the use of Permaculture to preserve the Amazon in an organic and natural way.
All meals are provided. You’ll be eating a simple but healthy traditional jungle diet that includes yuca, green bananas, rice, fish, vegetables, and tropical fruits . We will follow the “shamanic diet” which helps to purify the body and enhance the effects of the medicine. If you’re vegetarian or have any special requirements please let us know in advance. On ceremony days you will only eat breakfast and lunch.
Open & On-going dates January 2020- December 2020
- Accommodations 6-nights, single occupancy tambos (jungle cabana/huts).
This is a standard type of accommodation here in the Amazon rain-forest, and although simple and rustic, the tambos are comfortable, safe, protected by mosquito netting, and with great views of the jungle. Each tambo has its own private toilet.
Departure/Return LocationIquitos, Peru
IncludedAccommodationAirport Pickup/DropoffAyahuasca CeremoniesGuide/TranslatorMealsMeditationRetreat FacilitatorSacred Medicine CeremoniesUnlimited Purified WaterVegetarian
Not IncludedAccess to WifiCooking ClassExcursions & ToursFlightsHapeKamboMorning TeaMushroomsResort AmenitiesYogaYoga BlocksYoga Mats
Before Your Retreat
Arrival Day in Iquitos
Arrival to Ayahuasca Retreat Center
Final Day Departure