Himalayan Nepal Healing Detox Retreat
About This Retreat
- 8 nights single occupancy accommodation with attached bathroom and panoramic lake view
- Daily steam bath
- 60min full body ayurvedic oil massage
- Dinner on the day of arrival and breakfast on the day of departure
- Full board on 3 days of the program (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner)
- Special cleansing detox diet during your 4 day Colon Cleanse Program
- Yoga & Meditation activities on 7 days of the program as per our Retreat Daily Schedule
- Daily group sound immersion as per our Sound Bath
- Guided Shanka Prakshalana (salt water colon flush) as part of the 4 day Colon Cleanse Program
- Optional use of a high quality exercise sauna suit for yoga and physical activity
- Optional daily light exercise session on a mini trampoline
- Magnetised pure mineral water
- Purna Yoga signature herbal tea
On this retreat, eating healthy pure wholesome meals is an important aspect for a amazing and pleasurable experience. Our vegetarian-friendly, authentic Nepal meals give a taste of real Himalayan cuisine during your retreat.
Part of the daily program at Purna Yoga Retreat is a group sound immersion or a sound bath. The sounds of ancient Himalayan singing bowls and gong are used as well as bells, tingshaw and ocean drum for a whole spectrum of frequencies.
The sounds of various instruments take the listener on a musical journey and each person experiences this in a unique way. For some, the experience is like a concert, for others it is meditative and deeply relaxing, and for others it is a healing experience.
During a sound bath participants lie on the floor or sit cross legged and just relax and listen. Most people close their eyes and go on an inward journey and give themselves over to experiencing the sound as it arises and falls away. Usually a deep state of relaxation is achieved and some people will fall asleep.
Sound is not only experienced through the ears – sound waves physically impact the body causing a vibration at the cellular level. Tension is released, blockages cleared, and the mind can become still. With its ability to induce a spontaneous meditative state, a sound bath experience can access parts of the mind that are usually closed, resulting in a sense of expanded awareness, higher consciousness and feelings of connectedness. Sound can clear stagnant energies and restore the free flow of vital energy throughout the body and help bring out calmness and peacefulness in our daily lives.
4 day Colon Cleanse Program
4 Stage Colon Cleanse is a four day program that restores normal bowel function.
This complete colon cleanse program has been developed through combining a cleansing detox diet, one day vegetable juice fast and the final stage of a salt water digestive tract flush – a yogic practice of Shanka Prakshalana. The whole process takes 4 days and it is a complete holistic approach to cleansing and resetting your entire digestive system.
The first two days involve eating a cleansing detox salad in place of regular meals. This detox salad has been especially formulated with high fiber content & cleansing herbs which help to speed up metabolism, bind and remove toxins and regulate elimination process. This is an important step in preparation for the thorough wash of the entire digestive tract.
On the third day we introduce a full day raw vegetable juice fast. This way we give the body a rest from digesting and the whole available energy can be directed into cleansing and detoxifying the entire system. Through juice fast we are also encouraging the emptying of the bowels for the final stage of this cleansing program.
On the last day of the colon cleanse we carry out the process of Shanka Prakshalana – a salt water flush of the entire digestive tract.
Shanka Prakshalana purifies the whole body not just the digestive tract. There is no other method that can clean the small and large intestines so thoroughly as this practice. Salt water flush removes partial and blocked matter in the alimentary canal and re-establishes natural and regular bowel function. It is therefore highly recommended for people with chronic constipation, gas, acidity, indigestion and other digestive ailments. But this practice also purifies blood and skin so people with problematic skin conditions will also benefit from this practice.
Another unexpected effect of this practice is… improved mood and increased levels of energy and happiness. This is due to the fact that 90% of serotonin in our body (neurotransmitter responsible for creating feelings of wellbeing and happiness) is located in our gut. Through cleansing the entire digestive tract and restoring healthy balance in the intestinal flora we improve the conditions for the natural serotonin uptake which increases our energy as well as the feel-good factor.
Overview of the 4 stages of our colon cleanse:
- Stage 1 – On the first day of this cleansing process we introduce a delicious 3 colour detox salad three times a day in place of the regular meals. You still take part in all daily retreat activities as usual but your breakfast, lunch and dinner constitutes a large helping of the detox salad.
- Stage 2 – On the next day we continue the process in the same way and cleansing continues to happen from within. Throughout this entire cleansing process you will be drinking lots of water and herbal teas to aid in detoxification. You still take part in all daily retreat activities as much as you feel comfortable. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner constitutes the detox salad again but in a smaller portion than the day before.
- Stage 3 – On the third day we remove all solid foods and replace it with raw vegetable juices which will be taken 4 times a day, 500ml each time. This further enhances the cleansing process and gives the digestive tract a much needed break while providing a lot of nutrition through vitamins and minerals present in the fresh juices. You still take part in all daily retreat activities as much as you feel comfortable. Your main meals are replaced by raw vegetable juices and you can drink as much strained vegetable broth, herbal tea and water during the day as you want.
- Stage 4 – Last day of this cleansing process is the day of your Shanka Prakshalana – read below for more detail. You do not take part in the daily yoga activities but you start your salt water flush early in the morning on an empty stomach and perform the designated exercises to produce bowel movements resulting in a full cleansing of your entire digestive tract. You will be guided throughout the procedure by our experienced staff. This process will take anything from 2-4 hours after which you will rest and eat specially prepared healing food for the rest of the day.
Private Room with View
IncludedAccess to WifiAccommodationAirport Pickup/DropoffMealsMeditationMorning TeaRetreat FacilitatorUnlimited Purified WaterVegetarianYoga
Not IncludedAyahuasca CeremoniesCooking ClassExcursions & ToursFlightsGuide/TranslatorHapeKamboMushroomsResort AmenitiesSacred Medicine CeremoniesYoga BlocksYoga Mats