Himalayan Nepal Yoga Retreat
About this trip
This six day yoga retreat focuses on delivering a deeper teaching and understanding of yoga and meditation as during this time our guest will be exposed to various methods of meditation as well as sampling several styles of yoga which are composed into our traditional daily Hatha yoga practice. The length of this retreat ensures a more defined establishment of a daily yoga routine for our guests, making it easier to continue with this practice and introduce it into daily life after returning home.
This retreat is for you if you wish to enrich your life, learn new techniques as well as polish up on your existing knowledge and improve your health and well being on a physical, mental and emotional level. This course has proven to be a transformational experience for many of our guests who were able to kick some bad habits, improve their outlook, adopt a positive attitude and embark on a new path of a more healthy and conscious lifestyle and become more supple in the process.
You can start this six day retreat on any day of the week after 3pm, the next six days being your retreat program and departure on the following morning. We do recommend confirming your reservation in advance as spaces are limited.
Retreat Package Includes:
- 7 nights accommodation on twin sharing basis with attached bathroom
- Dinner on the day of arrival and breakfast on the day of departure
- Full board on six days of the program (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner)
- Yoga & Meditation activities on six days of the program as per our retreat daily schedule
- Wellness activities of steam bath, mud bath etc. as per our Wellness Activities
- Daily group sound immersion as per our Sound Bath
- Magnetised pure mineral water
- Purna Yoga signature herbal tea
On this retreat, eating healthy pure wholesome meals is an important aspect for a amazing and pleasurable experience. Our vegetarian-friendly, authentic Nepal meals give a taste of real Himalayan cuisine during your retreat.
Part of the daily program at Purna Yoga Retreat is a group sound immersion or a sound bath. The sounds of ancient Himalayan singing bowls and gong are used as well as bells, tingshaw and ocean drum for a whole spectrum of frequencies.
The sounds of various instruments take the listener on a musical journey and each person experiences this in a unique way. For some, the experience is like a concert, for others it is meditative and deeply relaxing, and for others it is a healing experience.
During a sound bath participants lie on the floor or sit cross legged and just relax and listen. Most people close their eyes and go on an inward journey and give themselves over to experiencing the sound as it arises and falls away. Usually a deep state of relaxation is achieved and some people will fall asleep.
Sound is not only experienced through the ears – sound waves physically impact the body causing a vibration at the cellular level. Tension is released, blockages cleared, and the mind can become still. With its ability to induce a spontaneous meditative state, a sound bath experience can access parts of the mind that are usually closed, resulting in a sense of expanded awareness, higher consciousness and feelings of connectedness. Sound can clear stagnant energies and restore the free flow of vital energy throughout the body and help bring out calmness and peacefulness in our daily lives.
- Steam Bath: We use a sitting steam bath for the whole body except the head. The benefits of this treatment are numerous and include improved circulation and metabolism, clearer skin, deep tissue detoxification, reduction of muscle pain and stiffness, stimulated digestion and deep relaxation. We also add pure essential oils and fragrant herbs to the steam to enhance the treatment’s benefits.
- Mud Bath: We use natural red clay sourced from this local area and make a wet mud preparation which guests apply to their skin. The clay has a purifying and moisturizing effect on the skin. When applied, the clay actually draws from the pores, absorbing impurities and helping to release toxins and wastes from deep tissues. Minerals from the mud also nourish the skin and restore its vitality.
In addition to the health benefits, our guests find the mud bath to be fun as our inner child appreciates playing with the clay. The mud bath is available on sunny days. We leave the mud on the skin for about 20-30 min to dry in the sun and then shower it off.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Foot Bath: Our fragrant Himalayan pink salt foot bath is a sure way to a complete relaxation and soothing of tired feet but it also has many health benefits. Himalayan pink salt is high in minerals and it’s a great purifier, it also has anti-microbial properties. We like to add a few drops of pure essential oils and some herbs to our foot bath to further enhance its benefits. This relaxing treatment is especially sought after by our guests who have returned from trekking
- Aroma Steam Inhalations: When steam and essential oils are combined they form a very potent way to help treat some ailments, especially those of the upper respiratory tract, nose and sinuses as well as opening the pores, cleansing and nourishing the skin from within. Benefits of this treatment include improved circulation, detoxification, stress reduction, purer skin and help with breathing problems.We have a selection of pure essential oils which we use in blends to open up the breathing pathways, to clear sinuses and nourish the skin. In this treatment the oils of Cajuput, Rosemary, Lavender, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Tea Tree are used.
Double or twin room double-occupancy
IncludedAccess to WifiAccommodationAirport Pickup/DropoffGuide/TranslatorMealsMeditationMorning TeaRetreat FacilitatorUnlimited Purified WaterVegetarianYoga
Not IncludedAyahuasca CeremoniesCooking ClassExcursions & ToursFlightsHapeKamboMushroomsResort AmenitiesSacred Medicine CeremoniesYoga BlocksYoga Mats